Prof. Dr.-Ing. Georg Carle
- Institut für Informatik der
- Technischen Universität München
- Lehrstuhl I8
- Boltzmannstr. 3
- 85748 Garching bei München - Germany
After arrangement (Default time: Mo 18 - 18:30)
Education and occupational development
- Since April 2008: Full Professor (W3), Technical University of Munich, Chair of Network Architectures and Services
- Dec. 2002- Mar. 2008: Full Professor (C4), University of Tübingen, Chair of Computer Networks and Internet
- 1997: Postdoctoral scientist at the Institut Eurecom, Sophia Antipolis, France (Marie-Curie-Fellowship of the EU)
- 1997-2002: Fraunhofer-Institute for Open Communication Systems FhG FOKUS, Berlin (formerly GMD FOKUS); Head of the Competence Center "Global Networking"
- 1992-1996: PhD in Computer Science at the University of Karlsruhe, Institute for Telematics; scholarship of the Graduate School "Controllability of complex systems"
- 1990: Research project at Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications (ENST), Paris
- 1988/1989: Master of Science in Digital Systems, Brunel University, London, U.K.; Master theses at General Electric Corporation, Hirst Research Centre, London
- 1985-1992: Studies of electrical engineering at the University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Information Officer and Director of IT Services of the Department of Informatics of TU München (since 2013)
- Member of the management board of the Association of German Computer Science Departments (since 2006)
- Member of the Universitary Professors Advisory Board of the German Computer Science Association (since 2007)
- Vice-Chair of IFIP Working Group 6.2 Network and Internetwork Architecture (since 2013)
- Managing Director, Department of Computer Science, TU München (April 2010 - March 2013)
- Chair of IFIP Working Group 6.2 Network and Internetwork Architecture (2007-2012)
- Vice-Chair, IEEE Technical Committee on High-Speed Networking (2006-2008)
- Member of the board of the German Computer Science Association (2005-2010)
- Vice-Dean, Faculty of Information and Cognitive Science, University of Tübingen (2006-2007)
Please see the teaching page for my activities in this domain.
1 Tsvetko Tsvetkov, Janne Ali-Tolppa, Hennig Sanneck, and Georg Carle: A Minimum Spanning Tree-Based Approach for Reducing Verification Collisions in Self-Organizing Networks, In IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2016), Istanbul, Turkey, April 2016 (Best paper award).
2 Johann Schlamp, Ralph Holz, Quentin Jacquemart, Georg Carle, and Ernst Biersack: HEAP: Reliable Assessment of BGP Hijacking Attacks, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Special Issue on Measuring and Troubleshooting the Internet: Algorithms, Tools and Applications, 2016 (accepted).
3 Paul Emmerich, Sebastian Gallenmüller, Daniel Raumer, Florian Wohlfart, and Georg Carle: MoonGen: A Scriptable High-Speed Packet Generator, In Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC 2015), Tokyo, Japan, October 2015.
4 Johann Schlamp, Ralph Holz, Oliver Gasser, Andreas Korsten, Quentin Jacquemart, Georg Carle, and Ernst W. Biersack: Investigating the Nature of Routing Anomalies: Closing in on Subprefix Hijacking Attacks. In Proc. 7th Int. Workshop on Traffic Monitoring and Analysis (TMA 2015), Barcelona, Spain, April 2015 (Best paper award).
5 Johann Schlamp, Georg Carle, and Ernst Biersack: A Forensic Case Study on AS Hijacking: The Attacker’s Perspective, ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communications Review, CCR, April 2013.
6 Ralph Holz, Lothar Braun, Nils Kammenhuber, and Georg Carle: The SSL Landscape - A Thorough Analysis of the X.509 PKI Using Active and Passive Measurements. In Proceedings of the 11th ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC 2011), Berlin, Germany, November 2011.
7 Lothar Braun, Alexander Didebulidze, Nils Kammenhuber, and Georg Carle: Comparing and Improving Current Packet Capturing Solutions based on Commodity Hardware. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC 2010), Melbourne, Australia, November 2010.
8 Lothar Braun, Gerhard Münz, and Georg Carle: Packet Sampling for Worm and Botnet Detection in TCP Connections. In Proceedings of the IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS) 2010, Osaka, Japan, April 2010.
9 Andreas Müller, Andreas Klenk, and Georg Carle: Behavior and Classification of NAT Devices and Implications for NAT Traversal, IEEE Network, Vol. 22, No. 5, September-October 2008.
10 Gerhard Münz and Georg Carle: Real-Time Analysis of Flow Data for Network Attack Detection, Proceedings of IFIP/IEEE Symposium on Integrated Management 2007, IM 2007, Munich, Germany, May 2007.